One hundred thousand billion Sonnets

So for the last four weeks Matthew Pinckney, Jacob Calder, and I have been writing 100,000,000,000,000 sonnets. We wrote 10 sonnets on 10 pages, one on the front of each page. Then we cut each line away from all the others. You stack all 10 pages on top of each other, and if you flip the first line over, you get a completely new poem (the first line from sonnet two and the rest from sonnet 1). The total number of possible sonnets is 10 to the 14th power, or one hundred thousand billion. Here are two of our favorites.



Quoting Voltaire in a Limousine

I went out for a run and got bit by a hog,

and then for some reason I was shot by a bow.

I slammed his face right into a cog.

I've always been told don't eat yellow snow.

My sweetest Buttercup, you I will woo!

I took a sniff and it made me happy.

I called my lawyer and threatened to sue,

then put on my pair of pajamasie.

There was no question that I was a male!

I blew up my ankle but it would not sprain.

I became angry and threatened to impale

I fell into spaghetti, “Man, that's gonna stain!”

I needed my privacy so I used a stall;

You can't ride the coaster if you are too small!




The Death of Joe

Should I punch, should I kick, should I hit or just flog?

I could not decide so I practiced on Joe.

I crept up behind him and ripped off his tog,

but I was too young so the clerk told me no.

Out of frustration I started to pee.

I could not decide what I needed to do.

My head spun and I felt very woozy.

With extreme force Joe splashed me with goo.

The color of Joe's face was extremely pale.

I pulled out a straw and sucked out his brain,

so very so very so so very stale!

I ate too much brain and my weight started to gain.

I needed new clothes so I raided the mall.

After murdering Joe I moved on to Paul.



To see them all, go to our website: http://artbylogic.com/andrew/sonnet.html