OK,

Well, Dr. Gordon's AP lit class has inspired me to be a poet. So instead of posting boring thoughts on my blog I've been trying my hand at that. To satisfy all the one person that reads my blog, I'll post one of my poems up.


To all who invented photosynthesis to
rationalize why the sun (which now I hear
is simply one great ball of Hydrogen and Helium)
can give life to green
or came out with U=k/δx
to logically explain why a man snuggles close to a woman:
With all your formulas you still cannot limit to reason
what one touch does to an ego
or how a single melody can conquer the entire field of physics.

And to all who would reduce love to a chemical reaction
or break down hearts into atoms and molecules,
afraid of the things you cannot measure or count,
hiding from the stars
because you can't calculate a rhyme
or program a wink as a function of smile:
it's funny how, with all your microscopes mortarboards and Phds
Shakespeare still understands the world more than you,
no matter how much your head knows.

What a fantastic idiot to be
better than sagged-headed professors,
I want life to be my measure
over this dull scientific calculator.
One impulsive dance or
whacky expression that Joy buys
is worth more than
ten thousand solemn faces
of the pensive wise.