Media

Satan has recently found an effective method of dissolving the morality of my generation. Music has become his tool. Everyone enjoys music. The iPod quickly climbed to the front seat of Apple's merchandise. Three in my family own one. What better way to get America's youth sick than to pollute their music? In recent years I have seen the Prince of this world work judiciously through musicians. After coming in 2nd on American Idol, Blake Lewis released his debut album, Audio Day Dream. On the record we hear the song Surrender, which goes, "You want me, I want you, so stay with me tonight. I've never felt a love so strong it didn't run a way. I want you, you want me; give it away." What a contrast to Joseph! He ran away from Potiphar's wife because he loved God, but what are my friends hearing? Indulge your emotions and be mindless with sex. Another popular song by the Bloodhound Gang goes, "You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals so lets do it like they do on the discovery channel." How insulting! But the worst part is that these songs are catchy. When you hear them, it's not hard to tap your feet and sing along. Music has a potent ability to sink into our minds. Our country (and world) is headed into a dangerous time. Christians must guard their minds now more than ever. The mind is the gateway to the heart, and out of the heart the mouth speaks. If we put garbage into our ears, then garbage will flow out through our lives. I'm going to take an offensive position and start praying for musicians. Just think of the potential Lewis and the Bloodhounds could have if they were Christ-followers! Just think what the future will be like if they're not.