Retrospect

I met this kid today. He was homeshcoolerish, annoying, and had an incessant knack for asking stupid questions. He reminded my of me when I was 12. I said to myself, "Thank God I'm not like that anymore." But it got me wondering -- what will I think of my 15-year-old self when I turn 18? Will I be proud, or will I thank God that I've changed? And then I ran across another thought -- what if I don't turn 18? What if God returns before I can look back on my life? The last thing I would want is to sit in Heaven and be disappointed with my earthly life. I pray that I wouldn't wait to change my life. The time to change is now, before time runs out. Most Christians spend less than 80 years on earth and eternity in heaven. Yet the years we spend on earth shape the life we live in Heaven. Let us live with the end in view. Northern Humanists got it right -- live life to its full potential, before it ends. If anything hinders us from living a Godly life, we must weed it out immediately. Why wait?