Greatness

Can I ever become great? Will I be a household name years after my death? Will they put my face on a poster or write my name in a history book? What qualifies as greatness? Maybe it's getting interviewed by TIME magazine or CNN. Maybe it's owning TIME magazine or CNN. Maybe it's having people cry at your funeral or getting a building dedicated to you. Maybe the definition of greatness depends on who you ask. I think God and the world would disagree on that one. Maybe greatness is not merely believing in something, but standing up for your belief. Maybe greatness is seeing peoples' outside and caring more about their inside. Maybe it's knowing what people think about you and not letting their opinions change yours. Perhaps being great is not being loved by the "important" people, but by the "unimportant" people.

It is impossible to be loved by many without also being despised by many.